Saturday, June 12, 2010

HW pointage

We have enough homework "on the books" now, so it is time to activate the HW pointage row of your My Grades page. This will show you how many of the 21 points from homework you currently have -- if I were to calculate semester grades today.

Remember, according to the syllabus, HW scores are converted to 21 points on your semester grade. We have MANY homework questions on the books, and this row of your My Grades page boils it down to somewhere between 0 and 21 points.

At the end of the semester I will make the final calculation and round up to the nearest whole number, and THAT will be in the row right below it, "HW points (rounded)."

So add up your two midterms and the HW pointage, then divide by 111. That gives you the percentage right now, for the points on the books so far. Then look up that percentage in the syllabus to figure out your grade if I were to give semester grades today.