Sunday, December 6, 2009

Prelim

I have activated the "Total semester points" line in your My Grades page. Right now it contains CPS pointage and best two midterms. After Monday, I will also add the HW pointage out of 16. After your final, I will get the final exam points and bonus points in there, too.

You can use the "Total semester points" figure to estimate your current grade going into the final exam:

  1. Before Monday evening: divide your "Total semester points" by 104, and then look up the percentage value on the table below. If I gave a semester grade based on CPS and best two midterms, this is what it would be.
  2. After I add in the last HW27 points on Monday evening, do the same thing, but divide by 120. This would be your semester grade if I were to give it based upon CPS, HW and best two midterms.
Your bonus points, which are not all in yet, will boost that.

Here is the semester grade scale again:





Preliminary letter gradePercentage
A0.90 or higher
B0.75
C0.60
D0.50
Fless than 0.50
NOTE: the semester grade is based on points. See syllabus.