Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scores are UP for midterm 2, including all SMA (regular and bonus)

OK, all the exam points are graded and IN. Look at your My Grades page for the breakdown: total score, SMA scores
  1. "Midterm exam 2" = all points together, scantron + SMA regular + SMA bonus
  2. "....subscore - Midterm exam 2 SMA regular (2)" = points from questions 49 and 50.
  3. Down the page a bit, "Exam 2 SMA bonus (4)" = score on questions 51 and 52, including partial credit.
  4. "MOK on 52?" is a comment line to indicate whether you earned partial credit on question 52.
ABOUT PARTIAL CREDIT:
Questions 51 and 52 were linked together, so that the result from 51 was required for 52. This being the case, it was possible to halfway mess up: wrong answer from 51 applied correctly in 52. I can analyze your data to detect this.
  • When I saw that you attempted the correct method on 52 with incorrect numbers from 51, I wrote down the symbol MOK, meaning "Method OK." This is in the "MOK on 52?" line of your My Grades page.
  • If you got both questions right, I inserted"All OK", and
  • if you did not answer or answered both incorrectly, I inserted the word "no."

To give partial credit, I needed at least one point to award, which meant I had to make questions 51 and 52 worth 2 points each, partial credit 1 point possible on 52. So you received either 4 points for "All OK," or 1 point for "MOK" on 52, or zero bonus points. It was a tough pair of questions.